Slimline all-glass façade with 50 mm face width – the basis for a variety of solutions
A timeless aesthetic combined with maximum functionality – the Schüco FWS 50 SG (Structural Glazing) façade system with 50 mm face width enables large-scale, all-glass façades including double insulating glass for excellent thermal insulation.
The system can be designed in a flush-fitted all-glass look or in a semi-Structural Glazing look.
Additional design freedom is provided by the comprehensive cover cap range: a horizontal or vertical emphasis on the façade can create attractive architectural features.
Compatibility with the Schüco AWS 114 window system ensures extra functionality and user comfort: the manually or mechatronically operated insert units with outward-opening projected top-hung or parallel-opening windows can be integrated into the all-glass façade with a visually homogeneous look, even for large-format solutions.
• Specially developed, stainless steel spacers which can be processed by machine for airtight edge seal
• Highly thermally insulated SI isolators as well as pre-fillers for very good thermal insulation
• Aluminium spacers for low to medium thermal insulation requirements
• 3 different designs for Schüco FWS 50 SG / FWS 60 SG: shadow gap, flush-fitted joint with surface-mounted gasket and flush-fitted, wet-sealed butt joint
• Flush-fitted, wet-sealed butt joint for Schüco FWS 50 SG.SI/ FWS 60 SG.SI
• Integration of Schüco AWS 114 SG as projected top-hung or parallel-opening windows: large-scale, automated window solutions that are connected to the building management system possible for standard and SHEVS applications
• Tested as suitable for safety barrier loading with slimline stainless steel retaining clips, aluminium retaining clips and clip rosettes
• Burglar resistance up to class RC 2
• European Technical Approval (ETA 05/0114) for structural glazing façades; approvals for Schüco FWS 50 SG.SI and Schüco FWS 60 SG.SI are available
• Structural glazing façade for double and triple glazing with maximum glass dimensions (W x H) of 2600mm x 4200mm and glass thicknesses of 32mm to 64mm
• Thanks to new cruciform glass carriers
for pane weights up to 720 kg with Schüco FWS 50 SG / FWS 60 SG and up to 670 kg with Schüco FWS 50 SG.SI/ 60 SG.SI
• Plastic pocket profile as cost-efficient alternative
• Concealed glazing clip for fixing the insulating glass units
• The spacer can be bent in the glazing company by machine and manually (manual bending device)