Improved thermal insulation, security and fabrication
The optimised Schüco AWS 75.SI+ (Super Insulation) standard window system for the 75 mm basic depth is part of the Schüco AWS system platform and forms the basis for a range of applications in energy-efficient building envelopes. Depending on the architectural requirements, the highly thermally insulated aluminium system can be used as a punched opening, ribbon window, façade insert unit or in combination with Schüco door systems.
An additional benefit for architects and specifiers is the wide range of opening types such as tilt/slide vents, bottom-hung stoplights, or horizontal and vertical pivot vents.
A wide range of profiles is available within the system platform, including corner mullions, structural mullions, symmetrical and asymmetrical mullions, as well as a number of design variations and additional combination options, such as with Schüco sun shading and ventilation systems.
Developed to be future-oriented, the system is based on the Cradle-to-Cradle (C2C) principle, making it perfect for planning sustainable building concepts with construction units that have been tested and assessed for harmful substances and recycling properties. Raw materials are turned into products that can be turned back into high-quality raw materials with their original quality at the end of their lifecycle. Schüco AWS 75.SI+ has been tested by EPEA Hamburg and certified with a silver label in accordance with the latest C2C standard of the American Cradle to Cradle Innovation Institute.
Features and benefits
● Optimum thermal insulation with Uf values of 0.9 – 1.6 W/(m²K)
● Improved Uf value of 1.2 W/(m²K) for 117 mm face width to accommodate
● Uw = 0.88 W/(m²K) with triple glazing (Ug = 0.6 W/(m²K), plastic spacer)
● Optimised geometry of the glazing rebate insulation and additional corner
pieces for glazing rebate insulation for efficient fabrication.
● Centre gasket which can be used continuously for efficient fabrication.
● Use of crimped and nailed corner cleats, also as a new, additional
connection option: screw-type connection technology to minimize noise
generation and equalize tolerances.
● Increased scaling options, e.g. as glazing rebate insulation is not required
(see “Glazing” chapter)
● Concealed drainage
● Concealed Schüco AvanTec and TipTronic fitting
● Burglar resistance to WK3 (RC 3) in accordance with DIN V ENV 1627
● Easy-to-fabricate sill for easy-access doors/windows
● New system profiles with hollow chamber center gasket for outward-opening
windows with optimum thermal insulation of Uf = 1.3 W/(m²K)
● NEW: Double-vent window and easy-access window/door for