High-performance mullion/transom façade with 60 mm face width – the basis for a variety of solutions
The Schüco FWS 60 façade system is an impressive basic system for façades and skylight areas with a high level of flexibility and attractive design options, including optimised fabrication and installation processes. Thanks to a broad system range, solutions for the most varied requirements and applications can be implemented.
A transparent system solution integrated in the profile for spandrel safety barriers blends seamlessly and elegantly into the external façade appearance. The required safety barrier loading for floor-to-ceiling opening units and low spandrel heights can be implemented with consistent profile face widths and a continuous profile.
The mullion/transom façade with 60 mm face widths offers a high degree of design freedom with a large selection of pressure plates and façade cover caps as well as the combination with Schüco window, door and sliding systems.
System-optimised components guarantee the simple and reliable integration of electrical components, e.g. for automated Schüco door or sun shading installations.
● Transom and mullion profiles are available in graduated dimensions to
meet varying structural requirements
● All load-bearing profiles have a narrow face width of 60 mm and have
small radiused edges
● Level 1 transom, 6 mm – 205 mm basic depth
● Level 2 transom, 84 mm – 149 mm basic depth
● Level 3 mullion, 50 mm – 250 mm basic depth
● System-based security to RC 2 / RC 3 / FB4
● Glass loads up to 910 kg
● The most varied design requirements can be accommodated due to the
wide variety of pressure plates and cover caps, including stainless steel
● Identical inner gasket sightlines on transoms and mullions are possible
● Mullion / transom assembly:
Transoms are inserted between units already erected using special spring
● Unitised construction:
Pre-fabricated units are installed using assembly mullions. T-cleats are
secured using the screw ports in the transom
● Isolators made from PET / PE foam and PVC with appropriate SI, HI and
standard thermal insulation properties
● Special profiles are available for vapour barrier and wall attachment and
for attachment to existing substructures, plus a range of insert units
(block vents, ventilation vents, doors, roof vents, block constructions) and
façade fixing brackets
● Base profile for simple ribbon window constructions
● Base profile for the transition to the ventilated façade
● PVC-U profiles for attachment to building structure and rear-ventilated
● Accessories for frame anchor, TopSky rapid release fixing,
façade brackets and lightning protection